Filed under Features

Engelhardt is a great example at Elder

Get to Know Robby

Back to Article
Back to Article

Engelhardt is a great example at Elder

Junior Robby Engelhardt is one of the best examples to an underclassman of Elder. Robby is a very good kid and does extremely well in school. I chose to write this article for one specific reason. I want to get Robby’s name out there because not a lot of people truly know how much he is involved at Elder and I feel he gets overlooked.

Some solid characteristics of Robby are that he is outgoing, genuine, always puts others before himself, and competitive to excel in school, sports, and life in general. Robby is a student athlete here at Elder High School. He plays volleyball for the Elder Panthers and takes advanced classes to push himself to his best.

Photo takenn by Zack Williams '20

Robby thinking avidly about euchre club earlier this morning

Engelhardt’s involvements here at Elder take up a long list. Robby is involved in volleyball here at Elder, and he is also a member of student council. He is also an ambassador, and a member of the National Honor Society. Robby said, “I am avid about euchre club as well.” Rob loves the Friday morning euchre club and says it is a great start to his day.

I am also going to give you guys some inside scoop on Rob, and talk about some things most people do not know about him. Robby was a member of the Elder basketball team for his first two years here at Elder, but ended up eventually focusing on volleyball. Rob also wanted me to get the word out that euchre club exists every Friday morning and they get after it.

Rob is a red head and he denies it, but if you really look close he actually does have red hair! Robby is also a pretty good golfer as well. I know this from experience playing a round with him more than a few times.

Robby is a special kid and he wanted me to include that he was the 30,000th user on the water fountain outside the chorus room which is pretty cool. I talked to one of Robby’s close friends, Ryan Tressler. Tress was a former teammate of Robby’s and knows him pretty well.

Before I talk about some of the things Tress had to say about Robby I wanted to mention that Rob said taking Journalism was a great thing to do and it tremendously helped his writing and thought process, and he recommends others to take the class if possible.

Ryan had some great things to say about Robby. He said, “Rob’s a great guy and it’s always a good time with him.” I asked Ryan to give me a brief description of his opinion on Robby and he said, “He comes off as calm, and relaxed, but he is always ready to get after it, whatever the situation may be, he’s that kind of guy.”

That is Robby Engelhardt in a nut shell for you fellas.

Zack Williams '20, Staff Writer

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain is 100% reason to remember the name-ZDUB-ZACK WILLIAMS....WHATCHA NAME! ELECTRIC...