Filed under Showcase, Video

Burg flu threatens 2019 Walk

The Elder Walk For Others is an annual fundraising effort undertaken by the students to help fund scholarships for those who need financial assistance to attend the school. Along with this noble effort is the annual Walk For Others Promotional Video created by students to help prepare everyone for the big day.

In previous installments, this vehicle has taken on gigantic importance in promoting the event to the student body. Mr. Rick Nohle and Mr. Gary Rogers took on the task of dressing up and filming a “punny” attempt at humor. In more recent years, senior Journalism students including award-winners Sam Middendorf and Joe Weiner, have taken on the task of creating this awaited feature to be enjoyed by students and faculty alike.

Last year’s offering featured the talents of Seth Sturwold and Tom Sunderhaus with editing my Nick Maurer.

This year the video has become a documentary parody of a favorite genre on ESPN; 30 for 30. Written, shot and edited by seniors John Conners and Tyler Macenko, it features interviews and footage surrounding a mysterious “ailment” that seems to plague a certain family of students on the day of the walk.

Click to enjoy the hard-hitting journalism and creative license of this video report.

John Conners '19, Staff Writer

“Everyone said to Vincent van Gogh, "You can't be a great painter, you only have one ear." And you know what he said? "I can't hear you.”

-Steve...