The favorite childhood TV shows of Elder students

The top shows that Elder students grew up watching

The+greatest+TV+shows+in+Nickelodeon+history+

The greatest TV shows in Nickelodeon history

As we all know, a childhood TV show is something a person can remember for the rest of their lives. Most of the shows that young kids watch come from either Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. If the show was a cartoon or a comedy show, it made childhood even better. I talked with a few students about their favorite shows growing up, and this is what they said.

Ben Eisenmann ‘21

Ben Eisenmann is a one of a kind at Elder high school. He stands at a solid 5’ tall. Will he ever grow? Who knows. I asked what some of his favorite TV shows were growing up. He said, “Corey in the House, SpongeBob, and Drake and Josh were some classics.” Then I asked him why? He responded, “I liked them because they made me laugh and kept me entertained throughout my childhood.” I wasn’t surprised by the SpongeBob answer, however I was not expecting him to say Corey in the House because its an older show that I really never heard much about.

Spongebob and Patrick getting excited

Chris Mueller ‘21

Chris Mueller, another junior, is well known through the halls. I’ve known Mueller for some time, and I never heard him bring up a TV show that he liked ever. So, I asked him, “What were some of your favorite TV shows growing up? He responded at first, “Lemme think”.  “This is a very important question.” After sometime he  responded with,” Drake and Josh absolutely slapped. So, did ICarly and SpongeBob.” Solid choices by Mueller. Some of my favorites as well. It seems that SpongeBob and Drake and Josh bring back nostalgic memories for the Panthers

Noah Flaherty ’20

Flaherty is the oldest to Bri-guy and a huge weight lifter. He is always in the gym, and a huge track and field freak. I wanted to get some of  his opinions on his favorite TV shows that he watched in his prime. He said, “the Suite life of Zack and Cody was a banger, Drake and Josh, and Zoey 101 of course.” Everyone loves Drake and Josh apparently, even Noah Flaherty. Surprising choice of Zoey 101, but a great show.

Zak Schlachter ‘21

Zak Schlachter, another junior on the list, stands at a solid 5’-8″ and 190 pounds. An absolute unit. A member of the football

What the heck Drake!

team where he serves his purpose as the team’s fullback. So far, the few people that I’ve interviewed have had the same taste in TV show preference. Schlachter gave me some answers and said, “Definitely SpongeBob, Suite life of Zack and Cody, Drake and Josh, and Zoey 101.” Some good answers from Schlachter. These shows definitely made Zak Schlachter the person he is today.

In conclusion, these Panthers have the same interest in shows that bring back nostalgic memories. Drake and Josh and SpongeBob have been included in many people’s childhoods. It is remarkable to see how good of a job Nickelodeon and Disney have done in the past to grow their brands and channels. It is safe to say that there are a lot of similarities throughout the hallways of Elder High School.

Even though all of these shows that were mentioned by the students have been canceled, the students tend to still bring up these shows in daily conversations today. An example of this is referencing famous quotes from Drake and Josh, SpongeBob, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Zoey 101 and using them for a real-life purpose.  All of these shows have been canceled, yet they are still being shown as re-runs and watched by the young kids today.

As I like to say, “A good TV show never dies.”

Pullquote Photo

“It’s just a cruel reminder that I’m single and likely to remain that way forever.”

— Squidward Tenticles