Filed under Sports

The Legend of Jeff Driskel

The Backup of the year

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Legend of Jeff Driskel

CINCINNATI, OH - NOVEMBER 25:  Jeff Driskel #6 of the Cincinnati Bengals throws a pass during the fourth quarter of the game against the Cleveland Browns at Paul Brown Stadium on November 25, 2018 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cleveland defeated Cincinnati 35-20. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

CINCINNATI, OH - NOVEMBER 25: Jeff Driskel #6 of the Cincinnati Bengals throws a pass during the fourth quarter of the game against the Cleveland Browns at Paul Brown Stadium on November 25, 2018 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cleveland defeated Cincinnati 35-20. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Last week Bengal starting quarterback Andy Dalton inquired a thumb injury against the Cleveland Browns.  As of Monday, Andy is still getting his thumb looked at by hand specialist, which leaves the question floating around the locker room, will Jeff Driskel get his first start this Sunday against the Denver Broncos?

Andy Dalton has been put on injured reserved by the Bengal’s coaching staff, which leaves the rest of the season on the shoulders of Driskel.  Jeff Driskel is 6′-4″, 234 pounds.  A lot of the players on the team don’t see Driskel as a backup.  Wide Receiver AJ Green said, “Jeff is the most athletic guy on our team.”

For Jeff he has 36 career passing attempts (all this year), and during the Browns game, he was 17 of 29 for 155 yards and one throwing touchdown.

He played football as a quarterback at University of Florida back in college.  He has many amazing games throughout his career at Florida.  It was a season ending injury that ended his days soon at Florida.  He broke his fibula in the first quarter with the win over Tennessee 31-17.

Jeff is looking forward to getting his NFL debut against the Denver Broncos, and he hopes to bring the Bengals out of the drought that they are currently sitting over the last three games, and in the month of November.

Frankie Sabato '19, Staff Writer

Growing up is the hardest thing to do, but as of right now I do not plan on growing up any time soon.

In the words of Joey Tribbiani, "So don't be a...