Rush Tour 2013

Rush , one of the greatest things to come out of Canada since Alex Trebek, originated back in the late 60’s as a three man rock band. The band is still comprised of two of the three original members: Geddy Lee, Neil Peart and Alex Lifeson. Drummer Jon Rutsey left the band in 1974 after the release of their self-titled album Rush, he was replaced by Peart who has been with the band ever since. These three men, now in their later years of life, are still touring with new music. Rush has been touring for over 30 years, almost as long as longtime friends The Rolling Stones, and has released multiple hits through the years. Clockwork Angels , Rush’s 19th album, released in 2012, includes two new hits, ‘Caravan’ and ‘BU2B’. As time rolls on, music lovers alike often grow tired of a band’s music, but not with Rush, that has never been the case. July 2, 2013. That is the magic date. That is the day Rush returns to Cincinnati. The outcome is expected to be huge, because Rush has a large fan base here in Cincinnati of all ages. I am a huge Rush fan, along with The Quill’s very own Chris Henkel, who saw Rush four years ago when they came to Cincinnati. Multiple men from Elder plan on attending the Rush concert, including Junior A.J Harvey, Senior Tyler Loebker and Coach Bengel. Tyler will be going to the concert with his dad, Larry. Tyler and Larry are die hard Rush fans; this isn’t their first time seeing them live. Both Harvey and Coach Bengel have seen Rush before as well, so their expectations are high. “Rush always puts on a good show, Larry and I are both excited.” Tyler tells The Quill. Tyler’s favorite song is “La Villa Strangiato,” off the 1978 album, Hemispheres . Rush never ceases to amaze anyone, nor can their critics say anything bad about them; they’re just an all-around great rock band. For this upcoming tour, Rush will play classics such as ‘Tom Sawyer’ and ‘Closer to the Heart’ as well as their new songs, which Harvey claims are just as good as some as the classics. This will be my first time seeing Rush live. Needless to say, I am ecstatic. This is a band my dad grew up with, same as Tyler’s dad, Larry. It’s a neat thing to say you’ve seen a band that’s been around since your dad’s been a kid. Rush will surely go down as one of the greatest rock bands of all time.