Ten things to look forward to in 2013

2012 was a great year with a lot of exciting things, but 2013 has even better things to look forward to. Whether it is from the world of politics or the world of sports, 2013 is set to be a great year. 1. Panama: After a grueling four years of high school, seniors will be looking to spend some time with friends in Florida before going off to college. The Days Inn and Paradise Palms are where the party will be at June 2 nd through the 9 th . 2. Reds After having a promising season of 97 wins and the addition of center fielder Shin-Soo Choo it will be exciting to see how they do. With the return of Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos,Jay Bruce and Aroldis Chapman, the team is hungry for another playoff run. 3. Kim Kardashian’s Baby Yes, it is true. Kayne is the dad. Now will be the time to make all those possible jokes . This child will be the biggest thing to happen to Hollywood since Lindsey Lohan’s latest arrest. 4. College/Graduation High school is winding down and everyone will be going their separate ways to different colleges. Graduation is always a bittersweet feeling. The sadness that comes from realizing that your time at Elder High School is done, and the excitement of going to college makes for an exciting time. 5. Movies Even though 2013 has just started, there have been big movie announcements already made. The Hangover Part III is scheduled to hit theaters May 24 th of this year and continue the success from the first two movies. Tony Stark is also set to return in 2013 with Iron Man 3 expected to drop May 3 rd . It is rumored that funnyman Mike Meyers is coming out with another Austin Powers movie and that is expected to hit theaters sometime this year. 6. Video Games 2012 was the year for video games. After games like Halo 4, Assassins Creed III and Black Ops 2, 2013 will definitely have trouble following a year like 2012. 7. March Madness March Madness is always a big time here at Elder. With multiple brackets being filled out and the “tech” guys having to block ESPN and CBS Sports on all computers, it is going to be the talk of the school. With UC, Ohio State, Michigan and Indiana in the middle of it all, this March is promising to be a good one. 8. Super Bowl The world’s largest sporting event is set to be a good one. Will it be Peyton vs. Rogers? Brady vs. Ryan? Schaub vs.Wilson? Anything can happen and the Super Bowl never disappoints. It is an added bonus that Elder is off the following Monday. 9. Obama’s New Term With a win in the November election against Mitt Romney, President Obama will be inaugurated for his 2 nd term on January 20 th . With gun control, health care, same-sex marriage and drugs all on the front burner, Obama has some work to do. 10. 2014 If you are already having a down year, keep your head up. There is always next year. With all of these events and more, 2013 is on track to be a year to never forget.