• September 5Check out our new Quill staff members for 2020-21; click Staff above

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

17 Years of Fame

Ray Lewis will always be considered one of the best linebackers of all time with no doubt about it. Ray was with the Ravens all of his 17 years in the NFL. That is really something to be proud of. He actually lost some weight this year so he could keep up with the tight ends that come across the middle running pass routes. Ray’s dance when he comes out before every game is very intimidating. Some other coaches talked about how they tell their team to just let Ray do his thing when he comes out of the tunnel. His dance will always be something to remember. Every time he comes out the whole crowd is just amazed and they are taking videos left and right. “I told my team that this would be my last ride,” Lewis said. “And I told them I was just at so much peace in where I am with my decision, because of everything I’ve done in this league. I’ve done it. I’ve done it, man. There’s no accolade that I don’t have individually.” These are wise words from one of the greats, Ray Lewis. There is no doubt that he is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Many people dislike Ray due to the fact that people say he was involved in a murder sometime before he turned pro. I personally like Ray Lewis. He is just a very good football player who will always be remembered for his intimidation and his will to win. The way he plays is just unbelievable; a lot of the other players are very scared of him. Ray’s last home game was one to remember. The Ravens beat the Colts 24 – 9. That is a great way to end his career at M&T Bank Stadium. The last play of the game the Ravens took a knee and Ray went out there to take the last snap at his home field. Seventeen years is a long time to be playing football for one team and he definitely had a great career. He will always be considered one of the best in my opinion.