• September 5Check out our new Quill staff members for 2020-21; click Staff above

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

Walsh Winning

Brennen Walsh was a golf prodigy even when he was a just a Visitation Viking. Since then he has become a four year starter on Elder’s Varsity Golf Team. Brennen is now a senior tearing up the GCL. He came in second place in the GCL in the regular season. He is the captain of the team and is a great leader. His work ethic and his respect for the game has spread to the rest of his team. Zach Bauer, one of Brennen’s teammates with a very promising future explained, “Being a junior on the team, I have really looked up to Brennen. He has been a great leader and has really made us a closer and better team.” Mr. Ploehs also added, “Brennen has a tough practice regimen and works incredibly hard. He is truly a student of the game.” Brennen’s impact on this team is undeniable; he has medaled in all but one golf match this year for the Panthers. Last week the GCL tournament took place at Weatherwax and Brennen came in first place! He didn’t just win the tournament; he won it with style sinking his first hole-in-one on the third hole, a 207 yard, par 3. Brennen said, “It was my first hole-in-one ever, and it was an incredible feeling. What was really cool was that even my St. X, Moeller, and LaSalle opponents went crazy for me. It was just an amazing day.” A few days after winning the GCL tournament, Brennen was offered a scholarship to play golf at The University of Cincinnati, and committed the next day. He told The Quill , “I am really excited to play at the next level. It’s going to be sweet living with the team at UC. I know it’s going to be tough, but I can’t wait to compete.” Brennen has undoubtedly helped make the growing Elder Golf Program even better, and all the Panthers will be right behind him rooting him on through the sectional, district, and state tournament. As this article was being posted, we were just informed that Brennen tied for medalist at the sectional tournament October 4 at Whitewater and will return to Weatherwax for the district tournament next Thursday at 9:00 AM.