Kanye 2024

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kanye 2024

Recently Kanye West has been on a media crusade.  Kanye appeared on Saturday Night Live with a Make America Great Again hat.  The hat was a political statement that was but into the spotlight on SNL that is known to hate President Donald Trump.  Kanye has shown that he stands with Trump and his beliefs, which is very unorthodox of most celebrities.  Kanye 2024 will grow more and more traction as Kanye stays in the news.

Kanye has come out and expressed his desire to run on twitter by tweeting “2024”.  DJ Pharris of Power 92 Chicago asked Kanye if he would enter the political world and Kanye responded ““If I decide to do it, it will be done. I’m not gonna try”.  The reason Kanye is running in 2024 is because he does not want to run against President Trump.  Kanye has also said that he had “love” for both President Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders.  Sanders being a democratic socialist shows how Kanye wants to deal with the economy.  Trump on the other hand could show how Kanye would like to deal with other aspects of the presidency such as foreign policy.  Kanye’s slogan for his presidential run is “Keep America Great Again” a nod to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again”.

These were put up around downtown New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

Kanye has also caught some slack for his views on racism by saying “slavery is a choice”.  An TMZ employee confronted  Kanye saying “”While you are making music and being an artist and living the life that you’ve earned by being a genius, the rest of us in society have to deal with these threats to our lives,” Lathan said. “We have to deal with the marginalization that’s come from the 400 years of slavery that you said for our people was a choice.”  Kanye then clarified his comments “”[T]o make myself clear. Of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will. My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved.”  Kanye has angered many people ahead of a potential presidential run.

Kanye wants to create publicity as Trump did ahead of his election.  Trump wanted his name in the news no matter what it was.  Kanye could be generating all of this publicity for strictly album sales.  However, Kanye has been talking about this since the 2015 MTV Music awards.  Kanye said after accepting the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award from singer Taylor Swift. “And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president.”  Of course he has changed the date to 2024 but it shows how this is hard to just write off as a publicity stunt to boost album sales.

Kanye will be fighting an uphill battle if he decides to run but anything is possible if Donald Trump can become president.

Brandon Good '19, Staff Writer

"Sometimes when I close my eyes I can't see." Marquette King