Trump goes from mugshot to meme

Trump goes from mugshot to meme

On Thursday, August 24, 2023, Former president Donald J. Trump was taken into Fulton County Jail in Georgia. The former president was taken in with felony charges connecting with efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in the state of Georgia.

The former presidents mugshot was released to the public on the 24th and it instantly blew up on multiple social media platforms. Over Social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter/X, and many others the image was photoshopped and edited to make fun of the former president.

Edited image of Former President Donald Trump when he was placed in the Fulton County Jail.

As this historical mugshot made its way into the social media platforms its impact in society was greatly described in an article from WIRED, they said, “..his is the first presidential mug shot in history—it would barely register as remarkable.” This photo was remarkable in the way that the image was used in different ways to help and hurt the former president.