Is October the best sports month?

With so many sports happening, October is elite.
The New York Times
The Astros team is holding up the world series trophy after beating the Phillies in 2022.

October is potentially the best sports month of the year. It is the time when postseason baseball is in full swing, basketball and hockey embark on a new seasons, and college and professional football keep on rolling. The four major sports will be thriving during the month.

The Diamondbacks playing against the Rangers in the 2023 World Series.

Baseball

The MLB regular season wrapped up on October first. The World Series started on October twenty-seventh. The teams participating in the World Series are the Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks have the tenth lowest payroll in major league baseball, and the Rangers have the ninth highest payroll. The World Series is arguably the best finals in all sports. October is when legends are made and unforgettable moments are created, making it the best time to be a baseball fan.

Basketball

Victor Wembanyama playing against the Dallas Mavericks in his first ever NBA game.

Professional basketball kicks off, as NBA fans watch French prodigy Victor Wembanyama for his first few games of his rookie season. Wembanyama is arguably the most hyped player coming into the NBA since Lebron James in 2003. He started his season against the Dallas Mavericks and scored fifteen points to go with five rebounds. Victor was sixty-seven percent from the field showing he has great efficiency. October is when teams start their journey towards the playoffs. The start of the season is always filled with much anticipation and excitement, as teams battle it out on the court to prove themselves.

College Football

College football continues to roll along as games become more crucial to a teams season. The teams continue conference play throughout the month of October, with big matchups. The atmosphere in the stadiums is electric, with passionate fans filling the stands and creating an unforgettable experience. October is also when the college football playoff race starts to heat up, adding even more drama to the games. The tradition and history associated with college football make October a special time for fans to come together and celebrate the sport they love.

Sports in October

NFL

Professional football continues on with intense matchups and nail-biting finishes. The competition in the NFL is fierce, with teams battling for playoff spots. October is when we start to see what

The NFL celebrating breast cancer awareness month by putting the breast cancer awareness ribbon on the field.

teams are contenders and what teams need to regroup. The NFL trade deadline is on October thirty-first, showing which teams are going all in and which teams are rebuilding. The unpredictable games keeps the fans on the edge of their seats, and the rivalries add on more excitement. October is also the month where the NFL celebrates breast cancer awareness. The whole organization is decked out in pink including the players, fans, stadium, and coaches.

Hockey

The NHL kicked off its season on October tenth, with the rising star Connor Bedard playing against the Penguins. Bedard had one assist in a four-two win over Pittsburgh. Connor Bedard is arguably the most hyped player coming into the NHL since Connor McDavid in 2015. The new season brings excitement, with teams hungry for victory, and rookies ready to showcase their skills on a professional level. The start of the NHL season gives fans something to look forward to and brings fans together.