Adele rules the charts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Adele rules the charts

Picture from Justjaredcom

Picture from Justjaredcom

Over the weekend Adele acquired another 1.16 million sales for her new album 25. Topping the Billboard 200 Album chart, which is tallied by total album sales, song sales, and streaming activity. 25 already earned her the fastest selling album in a single week, with 3.48 million, according to Nielsen Music. Adele’s album is also the only album to have two weeks of one million plus sales since Nielsen started to follow Music sales in 1991.

It’s always impressive when an artist breaks a record, but I think people buy more music than they did in the past. It’s more accessible.”

— Miss Schad

Adele also reigned supreme in the digital realm. She topped the Digital Songs chart with “Hello” selling 232,000 in downloads. Topping Justin Bieber’s new songs “Sorry” and “Love Yourself.”

25 cover picture

25 cover picture

I just hope that people keep creating music that others enjoy.”

— Miss Schad

With the dominance of the music industry the past couple of weeks I went to ask the music teachers about their thoughts on Adele, and her new album.

When I asked the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Allen about Adele and her success he said, “Who’s that?”

Look for something with sustenance I went to find the woman behind the chorus, band, and glee club – Miss Schad. When I confronted her about Adele, a girl specifically, having supremacy at the top of the Billboard charts she replied quickly with, “It’s the way it should be.” She continued on Adele, “She is a talented artist, her songs are so popular they’re all they on the radio when they first come out.” I asked her about Adele’s hit from her album,“Hello.” She replied, “‘Hello’ has hit the charts running, and the feshman love it! People just burst out in song when it’s played. She said that in total Adele’s music have a very catchy melody, and chorus, it’s also very easy to sing along with.

Next I went to try and find someone who loved Adele. I found a junior John Brayden Warman. Brayden confronted me asking if I was really writing about his idol, Adele. After a few minutes I agreed to interview him. I inquired about how Adele became his idol. “She has the voice of an Angel and the appearance of a goddess.” Brayden continued, “She creates a mood that makes me feel happy and keeps my depression down.”

Next I asked about her new album 25. Warman started, “It is a vision of God. She speaks to me personally. Her songs make me feel that she is in the room with me, it once even caused me to have a dream about her.” I tried to get him to spill about the dream but he absolutely wouldn’t elaborate. His parting words were, Adele helped me with the choice to but my new cat socks, “I have 8 different unique pairs”

All Mr. Anderson was able to yell, as he was preparing for the concert tomorrow, was, “Adele is my babe!”

Eric Reuss '17, Staff Writer

Shia Labeoof once said "Don't let dreams be dreams!" So here I am today following my dreams, just doing it. This is my first year on the quill. I'm a junior...