The five funniest movie characters

The+five+funniest+movie+characters+

5. Lloyd Christmas (Dumb and Dumber)

“Excuse me, Flo?” Lloyd Christmas is in many people’s eyes Jim Carrey’s funniest role of all time. Dumb and Dumber is one of the funniest movies ever in many people’s eyes. It doesn’t matter how many times you here the same quotes from Jim Carrey in this movie, odds are you’re going to laugh again and again.

4. Frank “The Tank” Ricard (Old School)

Frank Ricard, played by Will Ferrell, steals the show in the hit movie Old School. Frank the Tank is one of the most iconic roles in recent comedy movie history. On a regular basis high school and college students alike quote his classic lines such as “We’re going streaking!” and “Once it hits your lips, it’s so good”. Movies like Old School helped launch Will Ferrell’s career into what it is today. Without roles like Frank the Tank other roles like Ricky Bobby never would have come to be.

3. Carl Spackler (Caddyschack)

Many people in our generation do not know how truly funny Bill Murray is. Those who haven’t seen Caddyshack have no idea of the comedy they are missing out on. Murray helped write the movie and plays a hilarious role as a golf course greens keeper given the job of eliminating the golf course of its gopher problem. If you haven’t seen the movie I highly recommend you watch it, at the very least YouTube some of the clips, it will be well worth your time.

2. Seth (Superbad)

Jonah Hill plays an unpopular high school student who receives the task, along with his two friends, of providing alcohol for the girl of his dream’s party. This is the role that turned Jonah Hill into a comedic star. Hill crushes this role; Superbad paved the way for Hill’s acting career along with starting off Seth Rogen’s writing career. Superbad is about Rogen’s high school life, Jonah Hill actually plays Seth Rogen as a teenager. Since this movie Jonah Hill has turned into one of the funniest men in movies along with being nominated for an academy award for his role in the movie Moneyball.

1.  Ron Burgundy (Anchorman)

“Mmmmm…. I look good. I mean really good. Hey everyone! Come and see how good I look!” Will Ferrell made all of us laugh hysterically in the hit movie Anchorman. Will Ferrell is the only actor to make the list twice, and at no surprise, many would consider Ferrell to be the funniest man in the movie business right now. It seems no matter what role Ferrell portrays it always ends up a comedic slam dunk. Ron Burgundy will make his return to the big screen along with the rest of the Channel 4 News team this Christmas. We can only hope for the same hilarity we saw in the first movie to be repeated in the sequel.