• September 5Check out our new Quill staff members for 2020-21; click Staff above

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

The Bengals fall again

The Bengals fall again

The Bengals came up short again for the second year in a row. Joe Burrow goes down with a career threating injuring once again. Bengals star players all go up in free agency, and players ages are hitting tap out range. What will the 2025 season have in store for Cincinnati Bengal fans?

Ever since I can remember my dad and I religiously watched the Bengals every single Sunday. Some of our favorite players were AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, and Giovonni Bernard and have now upgraded to Tee Higgins, Joe Burrow, and of course, Ja’Maar Chase.

AJ Green storming out of the tunnel before a Bengals’ home game

Along with a lot of other Cincinnati fans my dad and I worried about what will happen to our Super Bowl Bengals team. In a perfect world I hope we can keep Tee, Boyd, and Mixon but Cincinnati seems to be a place that always gives away our good players because they don’t want to spend the money.

The Cincinnati Bengals were ranked the third lowest team in the league on forced missed tackles. They also ranked bottom ten in explosive rush rate, which means giving up rushes that are 10 plus yards.

Offensive standouts Mixon, Chase and Higgins.

This is simply because DJ. Reader season ending injury, Chidobe Awuzie below average return, and losing our star safety Jessie Bates with young in coming players. Not to mention on defense was completely gassed with players having to play a substantial about of numbers with our lack of offense not being able to make stuff happen.

Bengals’ defense celebrating in the other teams endzone after a turnover.

Like I said previously the Bengal’s have key players to the Bengal’s organization up in free agency and it crucial that we try everything in our power to keep players like Tee Higgins, DJ Reader and more. Another situation that I’m not sure if us Bengals fans should be happy or scared about is our final record at 9-8. This left us with the eightieth draft pick which if the Bengal’s use this pick correctly, we could have a good chance of having another good team with the capability of going the distance.

The numbers of free agency
Zac Taylor screaming

Joe Burrow is by far one of the best athletes this generation has been able to watch. Most of us, like myself, are confident that Burrow will come back healthy and stronger. The problem is that Burrow cannot afford another season ending injury and don’t get me wrong I love burrow but at this point we are throwing away too much money with him being so injury prone.

Joe burrow in Pain after tearing his knee