Filed under Opinion

Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Five controversial quotes from Donald Trump

Trump+stirring+up+controversy+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Trump stirring up controversy

Trump stirring up controversy

Trump stirring up controversy

Trump stirring up controversy

Donald Trump is a man who simply doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and he explicitly shows this with the controversial and what some would say insensitive things he has said. From his dislike of President Obama to his animosity towards illegal immigrants and even his luxurious lifestyle, Trump has certainly created enemies. He is a kind of man that either one hates or loves. His selfish ways have oddly paid off for him thus far, as he leads the race for the republican nomination

“I don’t agree with everything that comes out of his big mouth,” says Andy Poli. “But I enjoy seeing a man with that kind of attitude. I think that is something this country needs, a man that is a strong leader that does what he thinks is best for the people of the United States.”

Trump showing his goal to make America great agan

Trump showing his goal to make America great again

No matter what he says, does, or even tweets, there is no doubt in my mind that all he wants to do is make the U.S. a great nation once more. Stirring up controversy seems like a second language to Trump, and it may also seems like he enjoys the attention he gets from it, so here are five of the most controversial things Donald Trump has said (in no particular order)

1) “Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won’t see another black president for generations!”

People have taken this quote in many different directions. Some have gone as far as to say that he simply hates African Americans, which I believe is honestly untrue. Racism is certainly prevalent in his quote to some degree though.

2) “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

With this quote, it seems that Trump has gone way out of proportion. Yes, it is true that some illegal aliens are awful people, but he makes it seem as if a vast majority are. I believe that illegal immigrants don’t belong anywhere in the U.S. simply because it is unlawful ad they weaken the economy, but Trump’s reasons are out of line.

3) “I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”

Trump said this back in 1999 when he threatened to run in the presidential election of 2000, but eventually backed out. Again Trump showing his opulent lifestyle and saying things that may offend people, but he clearly doesn’t care.

Donald Trump campaign poster for 2000

Donald Trump campaign poster

4) “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

This came about in 2004, after the first season of Trump’s show The Apprentice. This insulted many people because he definitely made it clear that he thinks he’s the best because of his wealth. This quote outraged many feminists, which seems to be his specialty.

5) “Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!”

This is one of the worst if not the worst thing Trump has said. He believes that the terrible riots that occurred in the spring in Baltimore are directly Obama’s fault. To some indirect degree, Obama is fault, but it clearly goes much farther past it.

Click on this link to see many of the other controversial quotes from Donald trump: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/the-absolute-trumpest-121328

Sam Poli '17, Staff Writer

Senior. Second-year writer. I sing in the shower. I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit someone with my car.

1 Comment

One Response to “Donald Trump is a man of controversy”

1. Jets on December 22nd, 2015 5:38 pm

Honestly, Donald Trump is the best candidate running for the election. He is the man we need to set America straight again. You put him down for wanting to build a wall between us and Mexico, yet millions of Latinos get in the U.S. illegally every year, while the one’s that get in legally are fighting to find a stable job that can support their family. If we keep allowing illegal immigrants in, then we lose jobs and our economy tanks. He also doesn’t want people with Muslim backgrounds in and neither do I. Look at what happened to Paris… They allowed the Assyrian refugees in and they got bombed and a lot of people got hurt and some were killed. ISIS is moving and will go through with their threats to the U.S. and all other nations they have infiltrated.

*

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Bonus points for student attendance

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Potential tax increase at the pump

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

The DNC gears up for an unpredictable 2020

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Did Green Book deserve to win Best Picture?

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

2019 State of the Union, Review

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

It’s About Time

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Good movies or good politics?

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Should we have more pep rallies?

• Donald Trump is a man of controversy

Are Democrats in tune with younger voters?

• Opinion

The Grinch’s return

Donald Trump is a man of controversy