• September 5Check out our new Quill staff members for 2020-21; click Staff above

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

The Purple Quill

Hype surrounds Buckeye football

Main reasons to believe in Ohio State this season.

Ohio State football is a program known for its excellence on the field. Despite a few hiccups in recent years, it has become clear that this storied franchise is still finding ways to remain competitive. With the 2023 season upon us, there are reasons to hope and believe that Ohio State football will not just be fine, but could be one of the dominant teams in college football.Ohio State Buckeyes football - Wikipedia

In the first place, Ohio State has consistently recruited some of the most talented players in the country, and this trend is set to continue. With top rankings in many of the nation’s recruiting services, Ohio State is already bringing in the kind of talent that makes championship-winning teams. These athletes come from all over the country to play for the Buckeyes, bringing with them the strengths and skills that will elevate this program to new heights.

But it’s not just the players that are the foundation of Ohio State football’s success. The coaching staff is one of the strongest in college football, with experienced and talented coaches who know how to win. From head coach Ryan Day to the assistant coaches, Ohio State has the kind of leadership that will help steer the team to victory. With a solid game plan and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, this coaching staff will be invaluable in guiding Ohio State to success.

Ohio State football: Buckeyes fans ate 8 tons of nacho cheese - Sports IllustratedMoreover, Ohio State has a passionate fan base that will be cheering them on every step of the way. The Buckeyes have a long history of success, and its fans expect nothing but the best. The team will have the support of thousands of screaming fans, both at home and on the road, which can create an intensive atmosphere for opponents to play in. Playing in front of a raucous home crowd is always a huge advantage, and the Buckeyes will be no exception.

There’s also the matter of experience, as Ohio State will be returning a good number of starters for the 2023 season. When you have experience that is matched with talent, success is not far behind. Ohio State will have multiple seniors returning on both sides of the ball, and that sort of leadership can be invaluable. Also, returning key players such as wide receiver Emeka Egbuka and wide receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. promises to give Ohio State’s offense a much-needed boost.

In addition, Ohio State’s defense, traditionally the team’s Achilles heel, is projected to improve in theOhio State Football: Can Harrison Jr. and Egbuka make history? 2023 season. With the addition of highly-rated recruits on defense, Buckeye fans can expect the defense to be more aggressive and physical. Ohio State will also benefit from an experienced defensive coaching staff that is highly regarded among their peers in the coaching community.

Furthermore, Ohio State’s facilities have recently undergone upgrades to keep the program among the best in the nation. With state-of-the-art weight rooms, training facilities, and practice fields, Ohio State players will have the resources they need to compete at the highest level. This investment from the university shows its commitment to ensuring that Ohio State remains a dominant force in college football.

Finally, Ohio State will be driven by a desire to bring another national championship trophy back to Columbus. The Buckeyes have won eight national championships in their storied football history, and it’s safe to say that adding another one would be a major accomplishment. With a talent-laden roster, an experienced coaching staff, and passionate fans behind them, Ohio State has all the ingredients for a championship run.

All in all, the Ohio State Buckeyes have all the pieces in place to have a highly successful 2023 season. With talent, experience, coaching, and facilities all working together, fans can expect to see one of college football’s elite programs continue its dominance of the competition. The potential for greatness is still very much intact, and it’s exciting to see how Ohio State football will perform in the upcoming season.